Simple Chocolate Cake
When it comes to cakes, one of the most thought of and mentioned favourites would be none other than the chocolate cake. Loved by children and adults, this versatile cake can be prepared in plenty of styles and topped with limitless types of decorations or icing. This cake can be use as a birthday cake or just for fun because it is so quick and easy to prepare.
Here at Cakes Corner, we will share with you a simple moist chocolate cake recipe which only take less than an hour to be done!
Below is the video and the recipe you need to get started![su_youtube_advanced url=”https://youtu.be/eB8sMf_CVDM”]
- 2 cups of sugar (480g) PS: you can lessen it, depending on your level of sweetness
- 1 ¾ cup of all purpose flour (420g)
- ¾ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder (180g) PS: remember to reduce the cocoa if you reduce the sugar. It may become too bitter without the sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking powder (7.5g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons of baking soda (7.5g)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (5g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk (240ml)
- ½ cup vegetable oil (120ml)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (10ml)
- 1 cup of boiling water (240ml)
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit). Greece and flour two 9-inch round pans
- Prepare a large bowl and stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Next, add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla then mix the batter for 2 minutes preferably on an electric mixer.
- Lastly, slowly stir in the boiling water into the batter. Do not worry about the batter thinning, it will eventually set out just fine (refer to the video).
- Divide the batter evenly into the two prepared 9-inch pans and bake it for 30-35 minutes in the preheated oven.
- To test if it’s done, use a toothpick and poke in the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, it is done!
- Cool the pans out of the oven for 10 minutes then gently invert the pans to get the cakes out. Let them rest on a wire rack (so that the air can pass through and not get the cakes soggy) until completely cool.
- Now you can prepare your own frosting and top it to completion! (Refer to the video)
For more enquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the other recipes we have, click here.