Cake pops are a delicious and fun treat that you can make at home with just a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen supplies. In this guide, we’ll show you how to make cake pops step-by-step, so you can enjoy this tasty treat any time you like.
Table of Contents:
1. What You’ll Need
2. Making the Cake Pop Dough
3. Forming the Cake Pops
4. Decorating the Cake Pops
5. Storing and Serving Cake Pops
What You’ll Need
To make cake pops, you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 1 cup (250 grams) of cake flour
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1/2 cup (113 grams) of unsalted butter, at room temperature
– 1 cup (200 grams) of sugar
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup (120 ml) of milk
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
You’ll also need the following supplies:
– A cake pop mold
– A cake pop stick
– Candy melts
– Sprinkles (optional)
Making the Cake Pop Dough
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius).
2. Sift the cake flour and baking powder together into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well combined.
5. Stir in the milk and vanilla extract.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until everything is well combined.
7. Grease your cake pop mold with some butter or cooking spray.
8. Fill the mold with the cake pop dough, making sure to fill each cavity only about halfway.
9. Bake the cake pops for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
10. Remove the cake pops from the oven and let them cool completely before proceeding to the next step.
Forming the Cake Pops
1. Once the cake pops have cooled, it’s time to start forming them.
2. Take one cake pop out of the mold and, using your hands, shape it into a ball.
3. Repeat this step with the remaining cake pops.
4. Insert a cake pop stick into each cake pop, making sure to push it in about halfway.
5. Place the cake pops in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to firm up.
Decorating the Cake Pops
1. Melt the candy melts according to the package directions.
2. Dip each cake pop into the melted candy, making sure to coat it completely.
3. Tap off any excess candy and then place the cake pop on a sheet of wax paper to dry.
4. Repeat this step with the remaining cake pops.
5. If you want, you can decorate the cake pops with sprinkles while the candy is still wet.
6. Let the cake pops dry completely before serving.
Storing and Serving Cake Pops
Cake pops can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week. When you’re ready to serve them, simply remove them from the container and enjoy.