Simple Red Velvet Cake Recipe
This cake is commonly mentioned due to its striking red. Burn into the memory of your friends and family by baking this eye-catching, traffic-stopping cake for them.[su_youtube_advanced url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr-vI3s2oWQ”]
280g plain flour
2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
110g butter at room temperature
250g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon red food coloring gel
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease two 23cm round cake tins and line the bottoms with baking parchment.
- Combine the flour, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, start whisking the butter. Once creamy, incorporate the sugar in two batches, whisking between each addition. Whisk in the eggs one by one, then the vanilla extract.
- Start adding the flour mixture to the butter mixture in batches, whisking well after each addition. The cake mixture will be thick. Add the buttermilk and food coloring; whisk till smooth.
- Working quickly, combine he bicarbonate and vinegar. Fold into the cake mixture. Once incorporated, divide the mixture between the two tins.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove and cool slightly in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cook completely.
- Once the cakes are completely cool, place the first layer on a serving plate. Cover the top with your favourite icing (cream cheese icing is the traditional match for red velvet cake, but you could also use vanilla buttercream). Place the second layer on top of the first, then ice the top and sides. If desired, with additional icing.
(credit source: allrecipe.com member Magda)
For more enquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the Birthday cakes we offer, click here or take a look at the other cakes we have.
To see the other recipes we have, click here.
Click here to go to our Butter Cake recipe>>>
Click here to go to our Red Velvet Cupcake recipe>>>
i want to try bake this cake…
Good luck and most importantly, have fun!