When it comes to tying the knot, one of the things that come into mind is none other than the wedding cake. Like the bride and the groom, a wedding reception will not be complete without its bridal cake. Not only can it be served to guest at the wedding dinner, it also serves as the centerpiece for this once-in-a-life-time ceremony.
At Cakes Corner, we understand the significance of the role this harmonious-looking cake plays. Like a piece of the puzzle that completes the memorable occasion, we offer nothing but the finest work-of-art from our talented artists. The masterpieces we offer are not only extravagant but also simply delicious; made from the freshest ingredients and also from our passion to serve the best cakes. To make things more flawless, we are online-based so we have lower overhead cost and there for affordable pricing.
The best part is that you can customize the design and tailor it to your marriage theme. Whether you want a classic wedding cake, single tier or multi-tiers, decorative fondant cake or more to ornate style, a spectacular cake? Chocolate flavor? Red Velvet Cake? Cakes Corner will provide the best affordable service.
This is the one moment you say “I do”. Make it a memorable.
Often commercial bakeries have to balance out the cost of ingredients and other overhead cost against the final price but here at Cakes Corner, with all the benefits of a home-based premise, we can reduce that overhead cost and instead use high quality ingredients.
Commonly when it comes to butter, most commercial places go for bulk butter to reduce the cost. The issue here is that the quality may not be the best. Fortunately for us, we have the room to use high quality butter imported from the New Zealand or from the US. As butter is one of the main ingredients in most cakes, it is absolutely necessary to have the best quality we can find. Once you try our cakes, you will definitely know the difference
This also applies for our other ingredients such as milk, cheese, flavorings, and colorings. Often commercial cake stores get their colorings from our neighbouring Indonesian suppliers. These coloring prices are more competitive but it will definitely stain the fingers and it is hard to come off, unlike the ones we use which are from America. So imagine consuming it!
When it comes to milk and cheese, we all know that New Zealand has the freshest air-flown branded products there is in the market. All these is possible because of the lesser overhead cost we have.
Our bakers and cake artists pride themselves on only serving the best quality cakes there is for a reasonable price.
How To Choose The Right Cake
When it comes to ordering a cake, some of us may be overwhelmed by the many choices we can offer.
Below are some guides to help you choose the cake you want
- What event is it for? Birthdays? Festive? Farewell?
- If it is a gift, what age range is the lucky person? We can recommend the right cakes for kids, teenagers and adults because they all have different flavor and design preferences.
- To know what kind of cake you are looking for. Sponge cake? Cheese Cake? Ice cream?
- What kind of icing do you want. Fondant? Fresh Cream? Butter Icing?
- Then there is the flavor. Would you prefer it Chocolate flavor? Banana? Nutella?
- Followed by what toppings or designs do you have in mind. M&Ms? fruit toppings?
- Based on your budget, we can recommend and create your one-of-a-kind cake!
- Make sure the ingredients used are of quality
- Make sure it is from a reputable cake artist and check out their masterpiece down below
- Contact us for further inquiries or to make the order
- Place a deposit and agree on the date, time and location
- Wait for the cake to arrive and enjoy!
Why Choose Our Cakes
Here at Cakes Corner, we guaranty the best and freshest ingredients, coupled along with talented experienced bakers and cake artists.
- Home-based. Lesser overhead cost equates to more affordable cakes
- High quality imported and freshest ingredients
- Experienced and very talented cake artists
- Highly customisable. Less sugar? No problem. One-of-a-kind design request? Sure.
- Swift delivery and surprise delivery within Kuching
- Unsure what cake to get? We can guide you and help you all the way
- Affordable pricing and various cake artists to accommodate budget
- Operator is 24 hours, 7 days a week including holidays
- Quick response time
- You do not have to even leave your room to buy a cake!
- Friendly and professional staff.
- Plenty of flavors and varieties of cakes to choose from
- One-of-a kind design
- Low on phone bill? Leave us a message and we will contact you instead!
- Every cake you need in one place. No more hunting cake stores or facebook pages.
How To Store Leftover Cake
Thankfully, cakes normally finish fast especially those from Cakes Corner. However, there are times we want to save part of the cakes for the next few days. It is important to know that two main culprits behind a dry and stale cake. They are none other than, heat and humidity; where it can cause the cake to be out of shape, loss of moisture or go moldy thanks to our Kuching climate.
One trick to maintain the freshness is to apply icing to the cut side of the cake. This acts as a seal against moisture loss from the cake. If that cannot be done, the next way is to press a piece of plastic wrap directly into the sliced side and make sure it sticks.
Due to our Kuching climate, it is best to store the cake in the refrigerator. Or the next best thing would be in an air-conditioned room away from sunlight. That way it can last 1-2 days while it can last 3-4 days in the fridge. Please be reminded to seal the cake, either in an air tight container or plastic wrap all over to prevent any unwanted fridge smells and moisture loss from the cakes. Although they are some cakes that can last in room temperature, depending on the type of cake you have for leftover, the safest way is to keep them refrigerated and sealed properly.
It is not advisable to freeze the cakes because some cakes such as cream cheese will end up with a different texture. Besides, with our cakes so tasty, there is no need to keep in for weeks. Unless of course it is a wedding cake whereby there are some traditions that a portion of the cake be consumed a year later (anniversary). To know more about storing leftover wedding cakes, please click here.
Since we do not use any preservatives, our fresh cakes are at its best as long as 3-4 days only. If you have any questions on how to keep your cakes based on the icing and ingredients, please contact us.
In the event that a cake does go stale even after proper storage, there a few tips and tricks you can do to still enjoy the cake!
- Cake French Toast: Make French toast with slices of stale cake and have a fun sweet meal.
- Cake Pops: Crush the cake and combine it with extra icing to make the filling for cake pops (a cake ball coated in chocolate on a stick. Like a lollipop)
- Cake Shake: This is easy and simply the best choice. Blend the stale cake with ice cream to make this sweet shake indulgence treat.
With delivery service right to your doorstep or pick-up arrangements, your beautiful wedding cake is just a click away! To learn more about delivery terms, please contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
Take a look at the other cakes we offer here or Sarawak’s famous layer cake here.