Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
110g | 4 oz | ½ cup butter, softened
110g | 4 oz | ½ cup caster (superfine) sugar
110g | 4 oz | 1 cup self-rising flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 eggs, beaten
175g | 6 oz | 1 ¼ cups icing (confectioners’) sugar
5-6 tablespoon hot water
Green food coloring
175g | 6 oz white sugarpaste
Thin strips black liquorice
2 strawberry laces, cut into small pieces
- For the cupcakes, heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and place paper cases in a 12 hole bun tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs a little at a time until the mixture is smooth. Sift in the flour and baking powder and gently fold in. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 13-15 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- For the icing, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and mix with the hot water until smooth. Add a few drops of green food coloring and spread over the top of the cakes. Stick an orange candy in the center of each cake for the nose.
- Roll small amounts of sugarpaste into balls and stick on top of the frosting for the eyes, attach chocolate buttons to the sugarpaste balls with a small dab of frosting. Attack 2 liquorice strips above the eyes for the feelers.
- Sprinkle orange sprinkles on top of some of the cakes and attach liquprice strips to form legs. Place a small piece of strawberry lace on each cupcake for the mouth.
For more inquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the cupcakes we offer, click here or take a look at the other cakes we have.
To see the other recipes we have, click here.
Click here to go to our Chocolate Christmas Cupcake recipe>>>>