Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
110g | 4 oz | ½ cup butter, softened
110g | 4 oz | ¾ cup light brown sugar
75g | 3 oz self-rising flour
25g | 1 oz cocoa powder, sifted
1 pinch of baking powder
For chocolate ganache topping
150 ml | 2/3 cup cream
350g | 12 oz dark (plain) chocolate, chopped
50g | 2 oz | ¼ cup butter
Gold sugar sprinkles
- For the cupcakes, heat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius and place 12 paper cases in a bun tin.
- Whisk together the butter, sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder and eggs until smooth and blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 15 minutes until well risen and firm to the touch. Place on wire rack and leave to cool.
- For the chocolate ganache, heat the cream in a pan. Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Add the butter and stir until the mixture is smooth and glossy. Chill until the ganache is firm, but not hard.
- Put the mixture into a piping bag and pipe on top of the cooled cakes. Scatter gold sugar sprinkles over the cupcakes.
For more inquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the other recipes we have, click here.