Candy Hearts Cupcakes
Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
100g | 3 ½ oz dark (plain) chocolate, chopped
200g | 7 oz | 1 ¾ cups self-rising flour
225g | 8 oz light brown sugar
6 tablespoon cocoa powder
150ml | 2/3 cup sunflower oil
100ml | 7 tablespoon warm water
For the icing
150g | 5oz unsalted butter
350g | 12 oz | 2 ¼ cups icing (confectioners’) sugar
Few drops vanilla extract
25g | 1 oz dark (plain) chocolate, melted
2 tablespoon lemon juice
Yellow food coloring
- For the cupcakes, heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and place 12 paper cases in a bun tin.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering (not boiling) water. Whisk the flour, sugar, cocoa, oil, soured cream, eggs, vanilla and water until smooth. Whisk in the melted chocolate.
- Spoon into the paper cases and bake for 20 minutes until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Remove from the tins and cool on a wire rack.
- For the icing, beat the butter until very soft. Sift in the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Divide the buttercream into 3 and put 2 portions into 2 small bowls.
- Stir the vanilla extract into 1/3 of the mixture, the melted chocolate into 1/3 and the lemon juice and yellow coloring into the remaining 1/3. Spread the buttercream over the top of each cake and decorate with candy hearts.
For more inquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the cupcakes we offer, click here or take a look at the other cakes we have.
To see the other recipes we have, click here.