Prep and cook time: 45 minutes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
175g | 6 oz | ¾ cup soft butter
175g | 6 oz | 1 ¼ cup icing (confectioners’) sugar
3 egg yolks
2 tablespoon rum
10g | ½ oz freshly grated giner
100g | 3 ½ oz plain (all-purpose_ flour
75 g | 2 ½ oz | ½ cup ground walnuts
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1 pinch salt
4 tablespoon golden syrup
3 figs, quartered
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and place 12 paper cases in a bun tin.
- Cream the butter and 100g of the icing sugar until white and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, rum, ginger and remaining sugar until fluffy.
- Mix the flour with the walnuts, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Stir into the wet mixture until smooth and blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 25 minutes until risen and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and cool in the tins for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Heat the golden syrup in a small pan until bubbling, and then spoon a little on top of each cake and decorate with the fig quarters and walnuts.
For more inquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the other recipes we have, click here.