Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
200g | 7 oz butter
200g | 7 oz dark (plain) chocolate
200g | 7 oz light brown sugar
100ml | 7 tablespoon hot water
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
250g | 9 oz | 2 ½ cups self-rising flour
For the icing
110g | 4 oz | ½ cup butter, softened
175g | 6 oz | 1 ¼ cups icing (confectioners’) sugar
55g | 2 oz cocoa powder
1-2 tablespoon milk
- Heat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius and place 12 paper cases in a bun tin.
- Melt the butter, chocolate, sugar and hot water together in a large pan on a low heat, stirring occasionally, and then set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir the eggs and vanilla into a mixing bowl, and then stir in the chocolate mixture until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 20 minutes until firm and golden. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the icing, beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Sift in half of the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Sift in the remaining icing sugar and cocoa powder and stir until combined. Add 1 tablespoon of the milk and beat until creamy. Beat in more milk if necessary to loosen the icing. Spoon a little icing on top of each cake and decorate with a fresh raspberry.
For more inquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the other recipes we have, click here.