Prep and cook time: 45 minutes
Makes: 18 cupcakes
110g | 4 oz | ½ cup butter
110g | 4 oz | ½ cup sugar
1 egg, separated
110ml | 4 oz | 7 tablespoon honey
250g | 9 oz |2 ½ cups plain (all-purpose) flour
1 tablespoon bicarbonate (baking) soda
4 tablespoon milk
300ml | 1 1/3 cups whipping cream
125ml | 4 oz | ½ cup honey
75g | 3 oz | ¾ cup flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Grease an 18 hole bun tin with butter.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolk. Slowly add the honey, beating well.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda and gently stir into the mixture until just combined. Add enough milk to create a soft dropping consistency. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until stiff and fold it into the mixture until everything is smooth.
- Spoon into the bun tin and bake for 25 minutes until golden. Leave in the bun tin for 5 minutes then place on a wire rack to cool. Whisk the cream until it is stiff.
- Cut each cake in half horizontally. Spoon the whipped cream on each flat half and drizzle with honey.
- Replace the tops of the cakes and drizzle with more honey. Press flaked almonds into the top of each cupcake.
For more inquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the other recipes we have, click here.