Prep and cook time: 50 minutes
Makes: 10 cupcakes
2 eggs, beaten
75g | 3 oz caster (superfine) sugar
240ml | 1 cup milk
100ml | 7 tablespoon sunflower oil
300g | 10 oz |2 ½ cups plain (all-purpose) flour
3 tablespoon baking powder
¼ tablespoon salt
For the buttercream
175g | 6 oz | ¾ cup unsalted butter
350g |12 oz | 2 ¼ cups icing (confectioners’) sugar
1 ½ tablespoon seedless raspberry jam (jelly) pink food coloring
10 sugar flowers
- Preheat the oven 200 degrees Celsius and place 10 medium paper cases in a muffin tin.
- Mix the egg, sugar, milk and oil in a mixing bowl. Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and quickly mix until combined. Be careful not to over mix the ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases. Bake for 30-35 minutes until well risen and golden. Cool the cupcakes on a wire rack.
- For the raspberry buttercream, beat the butter until creamy and sift in the icing sugar and beat together until smooth. Stir in the raspberry jam and a few drops of pink food coloring, until the mixture is smooth and evenly colored.
- Spread the buttercream thickly over the cooled cakes and top with a sugar flower to decorate.
For more inquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the other recipes we have, click here.