Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
Makes: 10 cupcakes
175g | 6 oz | ¾ cup butter
175g | 6 oz | ¾ cup caster (superfine) sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1 orange, finely grated zest
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
175 g |6 oz | 1 ½ cups self-rising flour
For the chocolate icing:
110g | 4 oz dark (plain) chocolate
2 tablespoon butter
125 ml | ½ cup crème fraiche
50g | 2 oz icing (confectioners’) sugar, sifted
10 white mini marshmallows
80 liquorice comfits (torpedoes)
Brown piping icing
- For the cupcakes, heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and place 10 paper cases in a bun tin.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until soft and light. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time, until well blended. Gently stir in the orange zest, vanilla and flour.
- Spoon the mixture into paper cases and brake for 20 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- For the chocolate icing, melt the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool slightly. Stir in the crème fraiche until blended, and then stir in the icing sugar. Spread the icing over the top of each cake.
- To decorate, place a mini marshmallow on each cake for the head and pipe the mouth and eyes with brown piping icing. Attach the liquorice comfits to each cake to form the body, arms and legs.
For more inquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the other recipes we have, click here.