Prep and cook time: 55 minutes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
175g | 6 oz | ¾ cup butter
200g | 7 oz | 1 cup caster (superfine) sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
225g | 8 oz |2 cups plain (all-purpose) flour
2 tablespoon baking powder
125 ml | ½ cup natural (plain) yoghurt
175g | 6oz | 2 cups desiccated (flaked) coconut
175g | 6 oz | 1 ¼ cups icing (confectioners’) sugar
1 tablespoon hot water
75g | 2 ½ oz | 1 cup desiccated (flaked) coconut
Red and white chocolate beans or Smarties
- For the cupcakes, heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius and place paper cases in a 12 hole cupcake tin.
- Cream the butter and sugar in mixing bowl until soft and light. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Sift in the flour and baking powder and stir until incorporated. Add the yoghurt and coconut and stir until blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the decoration, sift the icing sugar into a bowl and gradually stir in the hot water until the mixture is the consistency of cream.
- Spread a thin layer on top of each cake and sprinkle with coconut. Place 1 or 2 chocolate beans on top of each cake.
For more inquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the other recipes we have, click here.