Prep and cook time: 50 minutes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
110g | 4 oz | 1 cup self-rising flour
½ tablespoon baking powder
110g | 4 oz | ½ cup butter, softened
110g | 4 oz | ½ cup sugar
110g | 4 oz | ½ cup butter
225g | 8 oz | 1 ¾ cups icing (confectioners’) sugar
½ tablespoon vanilla extract green food coloring
32 assorted mini fruit jelly slices
24 assorted chewy fruit candies
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and place paper cases in a 12 hole bun tin.
- Put all of the cupcake ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and springy to the touch. Remove from the tin and place on a wire rack to cool.
- To decorate, beat the butter until soft and creamy. Sift in the icing sugar and beat well/ Stir in the vanilla. Put half the buttercream into a small bowl and stir in a few drops of green food coloring.
- Spread the buttercream over the top of the cooled cupcakes, 6 green and 6 plain. Place 2 fruit jelly slices on each cake to form wings.
- Cut the remaining fruit jelly slices into 3 and roll between your hands to form the body shapes. Use 2 contrasting colors to form the body and place between the fruit jelly slices. Add 2 fruit candies to each cake for the butterfly feelers.
For more inquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the other recipes we have, click here.