The recipe below is given by our fellow Malaysia Bee Yinn Low, founder of rasamalaysia.com; a Malaysian Recipe website.
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Bake Time: 40 minutes
Makes 3 mini loaves
2 sticks (220g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
7 oz (200g) plain flour/all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
7 oz (200g) fine or powdered sugar (confectioners sugar or icing sugar)
½ teaspoon salt
4 tablespoon fresh milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease the pan with some butter.
- Mix the flour and the baking powder together sne sieve. Add in salt and mix well. Set aside.
- Use an electric beater to mix butter and sugar until well combined or pale yellow in color. Add in the first egg. Beat well after each addition of egg until creamy. Scrape down the sides and add in vanilla essence and fold in the flour into the mixture and mix well. Finally, add in the milk.
- Divide the batter into two portions. Stir the cocoa powder into one portion and mix well. Transfer the the plain batter into the greased baking pan. Shake it lightly to distribute evenly. Pour the cocoa batter in the middle of baking pan, and lightly swirl the cocoa batter with a butter knife. Ms Bee usually do the “S” shape with the butter knife a couple of times. Do not overmix.
- Bake until golden brown and cooked, about 40 minutes. Insert a cake tester in the middle of the cake to test doneness. Remove it from the oven and let cool on the wire rack for another 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and serve immediately.
(Credit source: rasamalaysia.com founder Ms Bee Yinn Low)
For more enquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the other recipes we have, click here.