Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
110g | 4 oz | ½ cup caster (superfine) sugar
50ml | 10 tablespoon whipping cream
1 small lemon, finely grated zest
1 small orange, finely grated zest
110g | 4 oz | 1 cup self-rising flour
½ tablespoon baking powder
50g | 2oz | ¼ cup butter, melted
140g | 5 oz unsalted butter
350g |12 oz | 2 ½ cups icing (confectioners’) sugar, sifted
140g | 5 oz crème fraiche
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
Blue food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and place paper cases in a 12 hole bun tin.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together until smooth, then beat in the whip cream and lemon and orange zests.
- Sift in the mixture into the paper cases and bake for about 15 minutes until golden and springy to touch. Leave the cupcakes to cool for 5 minutes then remove from the tin and cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the decoration, beat the butter until soft and creamy. Gradually whisk in the icing sugar and crème fraiche until smooth. Then add the vanilla and combine well. Place half of the mixture in another bowl and add a few drops of blue food coloring.
- Spread the buttercream over the top of the cakes and decorate with Smarties.
For more inquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the other recipes we have, click here.