Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
110g | 4 oz | ½ cup caster (superfine) sugar
50ml | 10 tablespoon cream
110g | 4 oz | ½ cup mincemeat
110g |4 oz | 1 cup self-rising flour
½ tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ tablespoon nutmeg, freshly grated
2 tablespoon sherry
20g | 1 oz butter, melted
110g | 4 oz white marzipan
red food coloring
green food coloring
icing (confectioners’) sugar
- For cupcakes, heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and place paper cases in a 12 hole bun tin.
- Mix the eggs and sugar together and beat in the cream. Gently stir in the mincemeat.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder and spices and fold in until incorporated. Stir in the sherry and butter until well mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for 12-15 minutes until risen and springy to the touch. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the decoration, divide the marzipan in half. Knead a few drops of red coloring into one half and green into the other half.
- Roll out the marzipan on a surface lightly dusted with icing sugar. Cut out stars with a small star-shaped cookie cutter.
- Place the marzipan decorations on top of each cake and sift over a layer of icing sugar.
For more inquiries, please feel free to contact us or call/whatsapp us at 011-1988 6263
To see the other recipes we have, click here.